June 9, 2020
Due to the disruption caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, The Institutes, which administers CSPA Exams 1 and 2 and all four CSCR exams, is continuing its modified process through the next examination window. While some Prometric testing centers are open, many are not, and those that are open cannot accommodate the normal number of candidates due to social distancing requirements. For safety and convenience, the Institutes is extending its offerings of non-proctored virtual exams through the third quarter testing window, which runs from July 15-September 15.
- To complete an iCAS exam using the virtual option, students need a web-enabled device, an up-to-date browser, and reliable internet access.
- Once the exam starts, the timer cannot be paused.
- The exams are equivalent to the exams normally offered by Prometric testing centers and will give the same designation credit as a proctored exam. We expect students to complete exams in an ethical and honorable way.
- The virtual exam is only available for one attempt between per testing window. If a student does not pass, they will need to retake the exam at an in-person testing center at a later date.
- Once signed up for the exam, to access it, simply login to TheInstitutes.org site, select My Courses and then select the exam from the list of courses.
The free online Ethics and Professionalism Course, also required, remains available on demand.