The CAS Institute is now accepting applications for the Certified Specialist in Predictive Analytics (CSPA) credential via the Experienced Practitioner Pathway (EPP). The EPP program allows individuals to earn the credential through an application process rather than by completing the required courses or exams.
EPP applicants for the credential will need to first join The CAS Institute as a member and then complete the EPP application, providing details about their skills and experience in the field of predictive analytics and data science as applied to the property/casualty insurance industry.
There is no application fee to apply for the CSPA credential via EPP, but there are annual iCAS membership dues (no dues for 2017, $250 for 2018). CSPA credential holders will need to pay annual dues for their iCAS membership if they wish to continue to use their credential.
Deadline: November 30, 2017 at 11:59 PM EST (Midnight)
As part of the EPP process, applicants will need to provide the following:
- Resumé summarizing employment history, specifically information regarding relevant job titles, responsibilities and activities in risk, insurance, predictive analytics and data science.
- Personal Statement of Relevant Experience providing information or evidence demonstrating knowledge and experience regarding:
- Property/casualty risk and insurance
- Building, managing, and maintaining databases
- Statistical and predictive modeling and machine learning
- Applications of predictive analytics (types of applications, etc.)
- Predictive modeling project experience that illustrates depth of knowledge and experience
- Professional references (3) familiar with work and experience in the field and willing to be contacted as a reference concerning the information provided in your application.