January 28, 2021
The CAS Institute is once again offering a day-long Community of Practice Event in conjunction with the CAS RPM Seminar. This event is designed to be highly interactive. The iCAS CE Committee has divided the day into two parts covering the following topics:
Half Day Virtual AM Workshops: (10:00 AM – 1:45 PM Eastern)
- Ethics and Social Justice as it Impacts Predictive Modeling
- Disparate Impact – The Impact of the Social Justice Movement on Insurance Rating by Roosevelt Mosley
- A Primer on Algorithmic Fairness in Insurance by Jim Guszcza and Daniel Bauer
- Roundtable: Ethics/Fairness
Half Day Virtual PM Workshops: (2:15 PM – 6:00 PM Eastern)
- Various Advanced Modeling Topics
- A New and Flexible Regression Model for Ratemaking and Reserving by Andrei Badescu, Tsz Chai (Samson) Fung, Sheldon Lin
- How to Effectively Blend Data Science and Actuarial by Takeshi Yamaguchi and Aditi Baker
- RoundTable Discussion or Additional Presentation
Since this year’s Event is virtual, we can accommodate more attendees and so are opening it up to both iCAS and non-iCAS members.
NOTE: Registration for The Community of Practice Event is separate from registration from the CAS RPM Seminar.